Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dinner Show

Well, I just thought I would share some of the things that I have been experiencing during dinner for the past week.

Right after the prayer, the fun starts. Usually initiated by Brandon. One night we were having noddles and chicken. He thought it would be really funny if when he took a bite, he let some of the noddles hang out of his mouth a little longer. Then, looking at Austin, who is always a captive audience for his dad, Brandon shook his head and the noddles were just flapping back and forth. My reaction was "Wow!" Austin on the other hand burst out laughing and started reaching for the noddles. Brandon happily let Austin take the noddles that were dangling from his face for his own dinner.  Mind you, right in front of Austin there was already pasta and chicken. It was just more fun to take it from daddy's mouth then the table.

I could tell that this was an indication of how dinner was going to continue for the night, which it did. Austin sure loves playing with daddy when he gets home, even if that means at the dinner table. All of the sudden, Brandon put a piece of chicken in between his lips, stood up, and Austin just opened his mouth (he knew what was happening). Before I could even react, Brandon fed Austin the piece of chicken directly from his mouth to Austin's. I then said that we weren't birds!

Another night, Austin was the source of entertainment for Brandon and I. He was eating a banana and I had cut it into pieces, but I was going to cut them a little smaller. Before I could even continue cutting the banana, Austin was quickly scooping up each piece before he was done with the previous one. After about 30 seconds, all 4 pieces were gone, resulting in the chubbiest cheeks I have ever seen on my sweet baby boy. Brandon and I were laughing the entire time. Austin never choked, so I just kept the pieces coming and he was done with his entire banana 3 minutes after the prayer!

Even if sometimes I wished Brandon would eat his dinner and let Austin eat, I love seeing those two play together. Brandon doesn't get to see a ton of Austin during the week. Really, only about 1 hour each day. Even with it being a short time period like that, Austin and Brandon take full advantage of it. They will play for pretty much that entire hour. Sometimes, I just sit back and watch instead of doing something else during my free time.

2 comments:

  1. He he Kerri -this totally made me laugh! I can easily imagine the fiasco's your husband and son get into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It is like having two children instead of one. I am so glad that Austin loves to play with his daddy.

    ReplyDelete