Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken Pox!

That's right, he caught the chicken pox! I have no idea where he got them, but he did. I took him to the doctor on Monday after I picked him up from the babysitter to have the rash looked at. My pediatrician had no openings so I took him to InstaCare. I was told that he just had a rash and that it would be gone after a few days.

Two days later I pick him up from the same babysitter and she is telling me how you can tell he isn't feeling good. He was just sitting around, when he did walk he was very wobbly, grumpy, not eating much, and so on. Also, the rash was looking worse. As I drove home I decided to call the pediatrician and ask to talk to a nurse. I did and she told me to bring him in. They had me wait in the car just in case he was contagious.

After the doctor took one look at him it was decided that he has chicken pox. The funny thing is that it really isn't slowing him down. He has a mild case which helps. Brandon has started to refer to him as Mr. CRAZY pox because after dinner last night Austin was so silly.

I am home from work today and tomorrow at least, maybe more days then that. We will see.

Hard to see, but if you look closely at his hand you will notice them. Poor guy!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm so sorry -that can't be fun for the little guy :( I hope he gets better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could still get those. I had them as a kid. ick. Get well fast Austin! And good luck Kerri.

    ReplyDelete