Monday, November 5, 2012

"Spookies" and Halloween

When Austin would go to the sitters he would walk around all the time saying "spookies" and putting his hand over his mouth. I recently had a whole week off from school and I decided that I would put up some Halloween decorations that he could play spooky with as well. So, one day we headed to the dollar store and brought some decorations. It wasn't much but as soon as I put them up around the house he started walking around and saying "spookies." It was so funny!

I also bought some of that spiderweb stuff to put up outside. It looked wonderful when I was done and Austin was asking all the time to go outside and see the spookies. However, if you know anything about where we live you know that it is super windy all the time. The spiderweb started to get all tangled and just look like cotton balls. Epic fail on my part! I thought it would last but it clearly didn't. Oh, well, I won't be trying that again any time soon.


For Halloween Austin was Brobee from "Yo Gabba Gabba." He loves that show and just loved putting on his costume. He would walk around the house asking for "Bobee" if we mentioned it at all. Seriously, he would go crazy for his costume when he saw it; we couldn't put it on him fast enough.



Of course, Brandon had to dress up, too, as DJ Lance Rock from "Yo Gabba Gabba" as well. We went trick-or-treating at the mall to help Austin get used to the idea of it. Once he realized it was candy, he tried everything to get some and eat it. Sometimes this included the wrappers if needed (Tootsie Roll wrappers to be specific). He had fun but was done after about 30 minutes.

1 comment: