Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dear Baby

This is personal, but I felt like I needed to post it. I wrote it more for myself.

April 15, 2013

Today, I woke up, and showered not knowing what the day would hold. All that quickly changed when I noticed I was bleeding. Now, we all know that this type of bleeding isn't normal. I instantly became worried and then sad. I just knew what the problem was.

We loaded in the car, Austin with his blanket and all, ready to go to the hospital. Brandon gave me a hug and asked if I was ok. I told him I was, but really I wasn't.

It seemed like we were at the hospital forever, but yet so quickly. I went back for an ultrasound and the tech didn't say anything at all. I just wanted to know.

After going back to the room in the E.R. for about 20 minutes the doctor came in and told us the news. I knew, I just knew that I was going to hear that, yet I hoped I didn't. Does that make sense?

No sign of life. No baby. I went into the bathroom to change. For some reason I just needed to be alone and take it all in. Brandon was waiting for me so I didn't take long. When I walked out, he hugged me and I just couldn't hold it in. Poor Austin had no idea what was going on, just that his mommy was sad.

We all sat down on the bed, Brandon holding Austin and his other arm around me. I am grateful he was with me. He told Austin that Mommy wouldn't be having a baby anymore. That hurt! To hear it so plain and simple like that. I know that it is the truth but yet, still.

I thought that I was in the clear miscarriage wise. I mean I was 14 weeks and 5 days. I had heard the heartbeat just 2 1/2 weeks before. Yet, it had happened.

Spontaneous abortion - that is the technical name for it.

For now, my heart is heavy but I can go on. It will take some time, of course, but I will go on. We were all playing on the bed today, laughing and having a wonderful time. My first thought was "I can make it through this if I just have my man and my boy."

11 comments:

  1. Oh Kerri, I am so sorry! I wrote about my own experience here, I hope it will help bring some comfort. We are praying for you and for your beautiful family! love Beth http://mormonlifestory.blogspot.com/2013/01/miscarriage-and-connection-to-heavenly.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri! I am so sorry!! I'm glad Brandon was there with you! Wish I could give you a bug hug too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri! I'm so sorry to hear about this. The same kind of thing happened to me and I absolutely hated it being called spontaneous abortion. Change the name! I'm praying for you and your family! Love you! Stay strong, everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerri,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I know that you are hurting and I hope that you will find peace.
    All my love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Kerri. It is terrible that you and your family have to go through this but I am grateful you have a supportive and loving husband to help you through the hurt. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerri,
    You and your sweet family are in my thoughts and prayers; I am so sorry - I can't even imagine how strong you must be for Heavenly Father to know you can handle such a trial. It's comforting to know you'll see that beautiful baby again. Best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you sweet girl. You and Brandon make sure you hug each other often because you will both feel the loss. I wish I could be there to hug you myself. Hang in there. God will give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( We're thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Kerri. I can't imagine what you're going through. Please call me ANY time... even if you just want to cry and/or vent out your feelings. We'll keep you and Brandon and Austin in our prayers. I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for you, Kerri. I know how painful it is. I've lost babies too, at 8 weeks, 13 weeks, 16 weeks, and 25 weeks. You just never know how it will turn out but we just kept trying and we ended up with two children in the end. God has his plan for each of us although it is hard to understand sometimes. As mothers in Heaven we will be able to raise our babies when we get there and at that time the joy will be ours. Until then, may the Holy Spirit bring solace to your heart. Love, Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry, Kerri--

    I had one about the same # of weeks, but hadn't admitted to myself I was pregnant, so it wasn't as hard as yours. I hope all of the friends and comments here help give you comfort.

    Hang in there--
    Libby

    ReplyDelete