Friday, February 1, 2013

Other Random Photos from January

Austin wanted to take pictures with Mommy. This is what we got:


Love this cute boy!

Taking a picture of himself
Austin loves to cook, and play 'golf.' Now, when I say play golf I mean he has a golf ball that he hits lightly with a spoon of his choice. He loves it. Well one day he combined the two and was cooking his golf ball, using a ladle.

There is a BBQ place down the road from our house. While we were there, Austin decided that he was going to go throw something in the trash. He tried to slide off the bench face first, not realizing how high it was. Well, he fell, face first on the concrete floor. Scariest moment ever! This giant goose egg appeared within minutes. We kept a close eye on him to make sure he didn't have a concussion.

I went to Hobby Lobby and found a pack of 2 canvas for like $8, a way good deal! I wanted to try out one of my Pinterest ideas. I must masking take down on the canvas and Austin finger painted over it. We only  helped him mix the colors (at first) but by the end he was all on his own. I love how it turned out! He would have kept going for hours, but things were starting to turn brown with all the mixing that we stopped. Now what to do with the second canvas?

Remember how I told you that Austin was wanting his own sunglasses. Well, we went up to the new outlets at Traverse Mountain and bought him these cool shades. He loved them so much that he had to wear them back to the car. It was 6:30 at night and already very dark. He didn't care!

I had a lot of fondant left over from his birthday that I decided I should use it and make another cake. I just used the colors that I already had, and took a butter knife carefully over the top to make it look quilted. Turned out okay, I wasn't super happy with it but Brandon thought it looked amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment