Saturday, December 14, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas!

We have been getting ready to Christmas. This is one of my favorite holidays. My family always set up the tree and decorations on or after the 10th. I always had a hard time waiting. I decided that I was going to set up on the 1st. I actually did it on the 2nd. Yeah, I can wait. ;)

Brandon always tells me that there is no room in our house for the tree, the downfall of a townhome. Well, I still always do it. Sometimes I wonder how Brandon can be so grinchy. Due to him saying the no room thing, I set it all up myself. We don't go huge. My parents do huge, but I love it. I hang up our stockings, the tree, some things on the walls, and a few lights in the kitchen. Oh, and the advent calendar I made earlier this year.



Oh, and yes. I did wrap many of the presents the day I put the tree up. No, I am not crazy! I hate having the tree up and nothing under.

We made some cookies to give out to people in the neighborhood. One day, Austin was so grumpy after nap. He wouldn't come down stairs. I placed a plate of cookies on the stairs. He still wouldn't come down. I bet that if I had placed some fruit or veggies on it, he would have been down. This kid is strange!

The peppermint candy cane cookies were alright, but not pepperminty enough. They had a very slight peppermint taste. next time I will add lots more extract.


 Peppermint Candy Cane cookies
Austin has been wanting to help out more. He loves helping me roll tortillas. Also, he is learning how to write letters.




No comments:

Post a Comment