Saturday, May 26, 2012

Date Night

For teacher appreciation I received some gift cards; one to the movies, and one to Cafe Rio. Well tonight we decided to use them.

Since Brandon has the Z running we drove that. He was telling me that he was surprised the fuel gauge was still on full and that it would probably drop down quickly to empty. Well, after dinner (which was delicious) we were headed out the movie. As the light turned green we started to turn into the intersection, then the car died! We were blocking traffic and people weren't all that happy with us, but there was nothing to do.

Brandon got out to push the car, and three very nice men came to help. Once the car was out of traffic Brandon tried to figure out what was wrong. I said it was out of gas, which he replied to with a very firm NO! I told him that we could walk into Wal-Mart since it was right there, get a gas tank, walk to a gas station, and see if that really was the problem. He agreed.

Silly man! I was right the whole time. The car was out of gas. We missed the movie since we were cutting it close anyways. After everything was all settled we would have been an hour late to the theater. We went and got crepes for dessert, then headed home. On the way we stopped by the high school so I could have a driving lesson. I didn't do that great, but that's fine right? Stick is hard!

Well, that is all. It was a good night, very adventurous to say the least. I love hanging out with this man even when things don't work out, he always tries to make things great!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -what an adventure! I think that Brandon has a magical car that will never let you get bored, and I'm glad that you are having fun and laughing along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did learn how to drive our stick shift when we had it. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete