Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Patience

If you ever need some patience, tell your spouse to have one of the cars out of service for 8 weeks! That's right, 8!

I am not joking. This project of rebuilding the engine on the 240Z took forever. Things just kept going wrong. It seemed like every time we were just about done something would happen that would set us back a week or two. We rented an engine hoist three different times and only used it the last time. I think that we have spent enough money on renting that we could have bought one for ourselves.

It took all my patience to not get mad at Brandon. However, by the end my patience was done. I wasn't up for taking any more set backs. I made sure Brandon knew I was frustrated, but I did it the nicest way I could.

This past weekend Brandon's parents were wonderful enough to come out to visit. His dad helped him all day on Saturday work on the car, and by 6:20 it was running. It was even his parent's anniversary and they spent the whole day with us, and even went to dinner with us. Thank you for coming and helping! If it wasn't for them coming it wouldn't be running.

2 comments:

  1. glad it is finally done. Thank you Carla and Bill. Good job Brandon. By the way don't put the idea of buying an engine hoist out there. Just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay it's done!!! So glad that's finished, and kudos to you for 8 LONG weeks of patience :)

    ReplyDelete