Saturday, January 5, 2013

Austin's Bike

When we got home from Christmas with my parents, Austin had a few presents waiting for him here. We didn't load up all his presents from us, or the ones that we got from Brandon's wonderful Aunt Deborah. Also, one had arrived while we were gone from Pappy and Nana (Brandon's parents). After we got all settled, and unpacked, we let Austin open his presents.

Now, with him just opening presents at my parents' house he was a pro and wanted no help whatsoever. The first couple of presents were from us: some trains, and a few more books. Then, I noticed a shipping box on the counter and opened it. When I saw it, I laughed. I knew Austin would love it! It was a big drum. When I pulled it out he said "OHHHH DRUM! WANT IT! PLEASE!" I opened it and he happily took it to the floor to play with it.

While he was playing with his drum, Daddy put his new balance bike together, from Aunt Deborah. Austin loves bikes and he always wants to ride them when we got to the store. As soon as it was together, he sat like this on it:

Once he figured out that it moves, he got all freaked out. He wouldn't move forward or backwards. Brandon and I couldn't help but laugh at this because he loved bikes so much before this, and now he disliked it so much.
Screaming because it was so scary!
 It didn't take him long to figure out how fun it was.

 Aunt Deborah even bought him a helmet. This is how Austin decided it should be worn. If we tried to buckle it, he would flip out and refused to wear his helmet. We will get there. Maybe by the time it is warm he will be used to it.


He kept coming after me with his bike:

Have to be safe while reading. You never know what might happen.
His must haves: bike, helmet, drum, book, and vacuum parts

No comments:

Post a Comment