Thursday, November 7, 2013

Croup...

Austin had croup. That was not fun. I had a hard time sleeping because I was so worried that he would have trouble breathing and I wouldn't notice. Therefor, I got out the baby monitor. I was actually able to get some rest with that turned up by my head. I also checked on him multiple times a night. I think that Brandon thought I was crazy, but it is scary to hear your child breathing like that. Luckily, it wasn't bad and we didn't need to take him in to the doctor.

The first night it happened, he seemed just fine before bed. We had just got him a new hat, Brobee, which he loved. The hat is lined and he wanted to wear it to bed. We didn't fight him because we were just going to take it off later. When I went to take it off, that is when I heard him all wheezy. We quickly got him up, and into the bathroom. He sounded much better and we decided to see how he would do the rest of the night. He was fine, thankfully!

Going to bed with the hat the first night
 You would never know that he was sick, this never slowed him down. I just kept smiling and running all day no matter how much I tried to get him down.

The next morning
I am glad that he is feeling better and grateful it was just a mild case.

No comments:

Post a Comment