Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2014

Well, this Thanksgiving didn't turn out the way I thought it would. It all started on Tuesday as I was driving to Brandon's work to get him and then we were going to head to Colorado. Well, I started to feel really sick and was throwing up multiple times before I got to his office. I thought that the majority of it had passed so we decided to keep on driving. However, no even on the freeway and we needed to stop again so I could throw up. That ended the trip right there.

We headed back home, me barely keeping it together, and called his parents to tell them we weren't coming. I called the hotel and canceled our reservation for the night, but I couldn't get the money back. Lame! We looked at getting flights for Austin and Brandon that night but Brandon decided it wasn't worth it to leave me home sick.

By the morning I was feeling fine, wishing that we could drive all day and get to Colorado or fly there. That quickly changed. Brandon and Austin both woke up with whatever I had.

Austin feeling sick, napping on our bed

I knew that the only choice was to stay. That meant going to the store, buying them some Powerade or something, and picking up a whole Thanksgiving dinner (yes, the day before)! I was so not looking forward to the trip to the store. Yes, it is like 5 minutes down the road but still, it was going to be crazy!

Well, the good thing about Walmart is that they tend to keep most of the stuff stocked. After being sick, and hoping it would be just as fast for the boys, I wasn't going to make much. Brandon told me what he wanted so I ended up with a lot of food. Oh, well!

Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, carrots, gravy, and rolls!


Even though it didn't go as we had pictured, we still had a wonderful time! The boys were better on Thanksgiving and we were so grateful that we were together as our little family. Even though we didn't get to be with our extended family, we knew we would see them in a month for Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment