Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013


We had a fabulous Halloween. Austin normally hates touching anything slimy. I was a little worried about how he would do with carving pumpkins. He was nervous when I cut it open, but after he got his hands in the pumpkin he was totally fine. He ended up cleaning out two of the three pumpkins.

First reaction
As you can tell, he quickly decided it was fun. Ignore the lack of pants and a shirt. You never know when this boy will make a mess.


Austin and Daddy happily gutting the pumpkins.


This was our attempt to smile for the camera. Austin has the best cheese face, but you can really never see it.


Since I am home now, I decided that I was going to do something festive with the kids. Austin and one of his friends I watch got to help cut out sugar cookies and then decorate them later. It was a mess but they loved it and quickly ate the two cookies they got to frost.



Austin got to pick his costume this year, a minion. About a month ago I was shopping for Brandon's birthday with Austin at the outlets. I stopped in at Osh'Kosh because Austin's belt broke and he wanted a new one. Once we got to the back to find the belts, he started freaking out because he saw the overalls. He was jumping up and down saying, "I want to be a MINION!!" over and over. So, I bought some overalls for him and it was decided.

I ended up dying a white shirt to get it to the color we wanted, buying a beanie, and some goggles. This boy was so happy when he was able to wear his goggles. I was unsure if he would leave them on, but he did, and never wanted to take them off.


The whole get-up
I also made some milk jug ghosts. They were so fun and cute. I kept them in the house until Halloween night because it was so windy, but that died down on Halloween. Thank goodness.

Minion, the ghosts, and the pumpkins
One of my friends works at a pharmacy and had a bunch of scrubs, and another friend had a stethoscope so I dressed as a nurse. Brandon didn't dress up so here is a picture of the two of us. I sure love that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment